Yesterday, one of RSorder fans shared his thoughts about RS Death rework with details. He’s right that Death rework effectively keep untradeable items for players. But 10% degrade for reclaiming items are unaffordable for many players. Here is a general list of Death rework and some specific examples to analyze it.
What happened to Death Rework?
Based on the beta, Jagex has made some significant changes on Death as below:
1. Items are now stored by Death when you die. He will look after them for 24 hours of IN-GAME time. This persists across log-outs, so disconnects are no longer a danger.
2. You can return to Death within 24 in-game hour if you want to claim your items later.
3. If you don’t reclaim items from Death immediately, your gravestone will spawn when you leave his office. But you still can reclaim items using the degrade-on-death mechanics you’re used to.
4. You can be able to claim back your items in exchange for coins by sacrificing items eligible to be lost for their coin value. But items that would have degraded on death won’t do so.
5. Existing mechanics for rs3 items kept on death still apply.
6. Items you were holding when you died can no longer be picked up by other players.
Advantage: retain untradeables on Death
There is no doubt that the new death system gives untradeables a privilege already and it doesn’t display as risked wealth.
Disadvantage: 10% degrade from reclaiming high-level gear from gravestone
In the new death system, the Asylum Surgeon’s ring and the Dragonrider amulet cost 500k each to reclaim from Death. The 10% degrade from reclaiming high-level gear from gravestone cost far more than buying runescape items back from Death.
Death rework covers both RS 3 and rs 2007. In the limited time, you can make enough gold to get items back, or buy osrs gold or rs 3 gold from RSorder to claim them back.